Overall Reflection On My Pictures and Process

Overall I'm really happy with the outcome of my pictures, before the Personal Project, I would never have thought I would be producing pictures to this quality. Looking at the pictures has also made me realise over the 12 month period, that heaps of practice can really improve the quality of how the pictures look. When I look at my first shoot and then my last shoot, I noticed how much has improved, not only with the quality of the pictures, but also the editing and styling. This entire process has definitely been a big learning one, and I'm so glad I did this, because I think if I hadn't, then I probably would never have gotten to it. Personal Project has made me really confident with taking photos now, initially I was scared and embarrassed to take photos anywhere in public, but by the time I got to the photoshoot with Adriana, I couldn't have cared less, Bond Uni is such a busy place, but that did not bother me when we were doing the shoot there. Personal Project also lead me to find hundreds and maybe thousands of inspiring pictures which I collected into an album over the period, and often found myself looking back onto this album when I was in need of some inspiration, it also allowed me to find so many different amazing bloggers! Before personal project, I probably would have had no idea how to use the 'curves' function in photoshop, but now I think I could use it with my eyes closed. It's all these little aspects that make me so happy that I completed personal project, because as much as I love photography, sometimes I just don't have the motivation to go out there and organize photoshoots, but personal project was really a motivator for me, and now I'm ready to do as many shoots as I can, especially after looking at all the teenagers like myself who have such incredible careers already.

Even though I'm really proud of my work, there are some things I would definitely change if I had been given the oppurtunity. I feel like all my pictures were too 'modelled' and I blame that mostly on myself for not directing the models myself, in my eyes I just wanted to let them do whatever they felt most comfortable with, but after looking through so many blogs, I wish I directed them more, I would've loved to have more 'natural', carefree, action shots that didn't make the pictures look so 'posed'. I also wish that I had planned some of the shoots to more detail, because sometime's we'd turn up, and just kinda went with the flow, which often lead us to be out of time etc, whereas if I had planned it more, It would of gone more smoothly, plus I would've been able to have created some better pictures. I also wish I used more props in my photos, because one simple prop can add so much to the pictures. But having said all of this, it's just like the saying 'practice makes perfect', this is just a lesson for me to realise what to do next time, these were the first 'big' photoshoots I'd ever done, so I wasn't really sure what to expect or how things were going to go, I just wanted it to be perfect though considering I was going to be displaying it to so many people. I think the process I used was reasonably good, and it managed to get the job done. I really enjoyed personal project, it was stressful at some points, but I feel like I've gained alot from doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment