Shoot #4: Graffiti Walls & Normal Walls with Jenna!

June 6th, 2011.
Today was my 4th photoshoot, I haven't done one in ages, so I'm feeling a little behind, but I had heaps of fun during today's shoot. One of my idea's which I've had for ages to include in my personal project is the use of Graffiti to incorporate with the pictures. Well, recently I found out about a graffiti warehouse in Mermaid, I had seen some pictures of it, and I thought it would be the perfect location to take some photos, because I had been searching for ages for some good graffiti walls, and once I found out about this place, I was very eager to get these photos done. It took some time to find the place today, but once we did, we got straight into the photos. Today I was shooting pictures of my bestfriend, Jenna. Initially she was very camera shy and it took her a lot of time to get used to the camera, which always works as a bit of a disadvantage as it makes me lose a bit of time, and waste photos, but once she warmed out, she was photographing beautifully! I wanted the clothing for this shoot to be very girly grungy, very bright to suit the graffiti and that's why I chose Jenna, because that's just her style, and with her medium length, straight her, I thought she'd suit the theme of this shoot great! I firstly styled her in a hot pink body suit and we took pictures amongst a whole bunch of walls, this is what I loved so much about this shoot, is that there were so many walls to work with! Next we moved on to a short black dress, with high maroon lace socks and thick heels. We took some pictures in this outfit infront of various walls aswell. But this is where things started to go wrong, the area, considering being a graffiti warehouse wasn't very safe, so we made the decision to leave early considering that it appeared there was some suspicious looking people in the area. I would've loved to have taken more photos, because this honestly was one of the most amazing locations to take pictures, but we we're more interested in being safe. So sadly, I didn't get many photos at the graffiti warehouse, we decided to go back to my house where I styled Jenna in a blue velvet dress and a bowler hat, and we took some pictures against a plain wall, which ended up looking really effective. I want to start editing them as soon as possible!
Behind the Scenes:








No comments:

Post a Comment