Shoot #3: Brooke!

Thursday, 7th April.
Today I did my 3rd shoot with Brooke, I was really confident for this shoot considering I have acquired a bit of experience now as well as some knowledge from my research. I was also really excited because Brooke is a part of a modelling agency and has experience with modelling, which made the whole process move a lot faster. I started off by doing Brooke's makeup, because I was wanting to experiment with makeup a bit today, but initially I just wanted some natural shots, so I just did very minimal makeup. We took the first shots just in my garden, and the lighting was perfect, which created some amazing pictures, Brooke was styled in a white lace top with a plain black skirt, but the styling wasn't very important for these pictures as I was doing more close-ups rather than full body shots. Next, we decided to walk down to the park which I spoke about in my last post, I left the makeup she had on, but added a bit of glitter to her cheekbone on one side, because I wanted a really natural yet magical feel for the pictures. She was styled in all black, with a black skirt and a oversized black jumper with flowers on it, I really liked the styling in contrast to the glitter, because even though she was in all black, the fact that she had the glitter on her face, the flowers on her jumper and the natural surrounding, managed to create a perfect picture. Initially where we began to take the photos, it was very dark and the lighting was terrible, which had me worried because it was already the afternoon so the lighting was going to go very soon, which meant we had to get things done quickly! We found a different spot where the lighting was a bit better and began to shoot there, we than had a quick outfit change into a black dress that had some floral detail at the top, but again it was all black. Next I styled Brooke in an oversized peachy, nude coloured chiffon top and we moved towards a different side of the park to allow a different backdrop for the pictures. I liked the fact that the colour of the top was very natural, as it suited the surroundings. In that same outfit, we moved towards a wired fence, which for some reason I really love the look off, I feel like it breaks of the natural surroundings, and plays a great backdrop for images. Next, Brooke put back on the black oversized floral jumper, and we found this bush filled with yellow flowers, which I thought was perfect as a backdrop, so we took some photos against that. At this point, the lighting was already really bad, which wasn't very good on my behalf because the photos weren't turning out as good as I would've liked them to have. We went back to my house, and I changed Brooke's makeup and did a 'leopard eye' and styled her in leopard printed shorts. By the time we had gotten back to the park, the lighting was already looking really bad, and I knew my chances of getting anymore good shots was unlikely, but we still tried our luck considering so much effort had been put into the makeup, but I ended up coming to the decision to call it a day, and leave it at that, I was really happy with some of the shots I had gotten earlier, so I wasn't too upset about not getting any with the leopard makeup, even though I loved it so much. I went home that night, I began the editing process immediately because I was eager to do it! Here's a sneak peak into how some of the pictures turned out!:
IMG_3437 on Flickr.Brooke on Flickr.Brooke on Flickr.Brooke on Flickr.Brooke on Flickr.Brooke on Flickr.

I decided I didn't like the leopard eye makeup, but here is a raw unedited shot of how it looked:

I also used my disposable camera today just for some fun shots, when I get them printed in a few weeks, I will post some pictures on here.
Overall the shoot went reasonably well today, unfortunately our timing wasn't the best, and due to that we lost a lot of good light in the photos, but this hopefully will teach me to not do shoots so late next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment